Thursday, April 19, 2012

Public Records Act request submitted

Today I submitted the following request for all records concerning planning and communications about the charter school petition submitted to the Board of Trustees this Tuesday, April 17th. The District has 10 days to respond to the request. I encourage others in the San Geronimo Valley community to file requests for any other relevant information not covered by my request. I will be reporting on what is made available to me in future postings.

----

Robert Ovetz, Ph.D. • PO Box 176 • Woodacre, CA 94973

415 xxx xxxx
rfovetz [at]  riseup.net 
_______________________________________________

April 18, 2012


Lagunitas School District
Larry Enos, Superintendent
PO Box 308
San Geronimo, CA 94963

Re: Public Records Act Request


Dear  Larry,

Pursuant to my rights under the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.), I ask to inspect and/or obtain a copy of the following held by your agency: all documents, electronic, print or otherwise, including but not limited to emails, attachments, notes, transcripts, meeting agendas and programs, expense reimbursements, phone logs, and calendar entries by all staff, Trustees, consultants, contractors, and members of the Lagunitas Waldorf Inspired Program (LWIP) Administrative Council concerning the proposal by the LWIP Administrative Council to established a charter school.

I ask for a determination on this request within 10 days of your receipt of it, and an even prompter reply if you can make that determination without having to review the record[s] in question.

If you determine that any or all or the information qualifies for an exemption from disclosure, I ask you to note whether, as is normally the case under the Act, the exemption is discretionary, and if so whether it is necessary in this case to exercise your discretion to withhold the information.

If you determine that some but not all of the information is exempt from disclosure and that you intend to withhold it, I ask that you redact it for the time being and make the rest available as requested. In any event, please provide a signed notification citing the legal authorities on which you rely if you determine that any or all of the information is exempt and will not be disclosed.

If I can provide any clarification that will help expedite your attention to my request, please contact me at 415-xxx-xxxx or rfovetz  [at] riseup.net.

I ask that you notify me of any duplication costs exceeding $5.00 before you duplicate the records so that I may decide which records I want copied.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

                        Robert Ovetz, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment