Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Response to comment concerning Public Records Act request

A reader made the following comment below: "Do you plan to make the entire group of documents public? If not, why not?"

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, I do not yet see a reason to post all 3400+ emails and pages of notes I am told I will receive on this blog. Hundreds of other pages of related documents are already available on the District website for download. Part of the issue is that I was given electronic versions of only a fraction of the documents so far. The rest of the documents would cost me 25 cents per copy to obtain a copy which would quite costly. Also many of the documents are redundant copies of the same emails CC'ed to each recipient. I understand that the District may be willing to provide more documents electronically but I am not yet convinced that a data dump of everything I receive a la Wikileaks would be useful. However I will be reporting on what I think is newsworthy and relevant. If anyone would like to take a look at what I receive please contact me. I could use the help going through it all. I am happy to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment