Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This election has brought the spotlight of accountability to the board

For all of those who voted and supported me in this election I would like to say Thank You! It's clear that this campaign differed from the incumbents' in several important ways. The first is that unlike the incumbents I talked about issues not "who we know". There are real fundamental problems facing this District worsened by the cut first and ask questions later polices implemented by the incumbents. I was the only one who proposed solutions.

As of 10 pm last night I finished in 3rd place with 223 votes or 16.24% of the vote. I hope that my candidacy will make it clear that there are positive alternatives to bringing equity and fairness to our local tax revenue tax base. Laying off staff and teachers and freezing their pay, packing too many children into the classroom cutting the school library, bringing multinational corporations onto our campus to entrap our children as a captive consumer market, and pushing more borrowing from Wall Street at high interest rates is no longer acceptable.

Parents and residents are watching this board very closely and holding them accountable for their policies. I hope that more residents with new fresh ideas will offer themselves to run for the open seats coming up next Fall when voter turnout is more than the 33% it was in this election. Low voter turnout combined with an off year election always favors the more conservative incumbents.

Most importantly my campaign has brought to light several troubling questions about actions of Superintendent Larry Enos and Ms. Bohman. I expect the county DA will get to the bottom of why the Administration has failed or refused to turn over all the self-promotional campaign emails Denise Bohman sent using her District email address—a violation of California law. Superintendent Larry Enos is now 12 days late turning over all the emails sent by Ms. Bohman to promote her re-election and may be in violation of the California Public Records Act. I have some emails sent by Ms. Bohman which Mr. Enos has not yet turned over to me. I await the DA weighing in on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment